Saturday 26 October 2013

PUMPKIN SMOOTHIE. THE PUMPKIN OBSESSION HAS NOW HIT BREAKFAST.

Pumpkin Smoothie

I've covered dessert, I've covered main course, and now I shall have pumpkin for breakfast.  You know what?  During all this pumpkin eating, I often forget it's a vegetable.  It's so versatile, a mix of sweet and savory, I've started using it as often as my favourite foods.  It's like yogurt to me now.

I can't tell you if the pumpkin recipes are going to continue all year.  They may.  Be prepared.  In the meantime, sip on one of these pumpkin smoothies.  'Cause no one said smoothies are only for summer.

Pumpkin Smoothie

Pumpkin Smoothie
1/3 pumpkin puree (make your own!)
1/3 cup 0% vanilla greek yogurt
1/2 cup soy milk (or any milk of your choosing)
1/2 a banana
1 tablespoon flax meal
1 tablespoon hemp hearts
Pinch of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
1 tablespoon Agave nectar or honey if desired
A few ice cubes

Blend together and drink up.

No comments:

Post a Comment